what are these called anyway ?


I was playing with these trying to think of something that I could use to fortify the wires of my UTP cables, the ones I want to use to connect to my K8000. And then I suddenly realised I was holding the solution in my hands :)

So after burning off the plastic (don't try this at home kids), I was left with a couple metal wires that were strong enough for my purpose.

I melted off the plastic with the soldering stick the last time, it much less dangerous and the wires aren't scorched :P