New year's resolutions 201109 Jan 2011 For some reason, my resolutions for a new year mostly get implemented without any active work by me.
It's quite odd. Maybe I am aware of these objectives subconsiously ? Let's hope that this trend continues!
My newyear's resolutions for 2011 (in no particular order):
- Build the wargame for HES2011
- Apparently, the HES2010 wargame that I created last year was an overwhelming success. So much so that a lot of people have asked me to create the wargame for HES2011 too. I was already working on it of course, but it's still nice that people request it explicitely ;)
- Eat less meat!
- At the Dranouter festival in August 2010, I saw an interesting presentation from a guy who said that if everyone would be a vegetarian half of the time, that would be the same as half the population being a vegetarian. Less animals get killed and noone has to stop eating meat completely. A very appealing thought! So, I will make an attempt at eating less meat. Maybe I can participate in the "Vegetarian Thursday" initiative
- Visit Australia
- If I have enough vacation days that is... I would like to visit Australia and meet up with some friends there. Maybe I can go to Ruxcon 2011 :)
- Continue work on my CNC machine
- Do some decent work on my PhD
- Find a new house
- Release information on my master thesis from last year
- play more party games