Getting up early ROCKS02 Feb 2006 I have a day off today because of university patronal holiday. They have half a day of activities planned and it all starts with the "March of the Togati", which consists of a bunch of professors parading in an official toga.
They do it at the start of the academic year too. I've never watched it.
So today I decided I would get up early and go look at that thing. There was nothing to it. I have pictures :)
After that (The entire thing was 1 hour late btw), I went to buy some books from a bookstore that went bankrupt. I got 5 books very cheap:
- Computer and Intrusion Forensics by Mohay George
- Bought it for 10 euro while the price on amazon is 76.50$ (70.75$ secondhand). I bought this book because of my interest in the field
- Handbook of Virtual Humans by N. Magnenat-Thalmann
- Bought it for 10 euro, sells for 137.89$ on amazon (109.99$ secondhand). I got it because of interest for computer graphics and the SOGLD thing I wrote a while ago
- Kickin' Bot : An Illustrated Guide to Building Combat Robots by Grant Imahara
- I bought it for 5 euro, sells for 16.49$ on amazon (4.97$ secondhand). I got it because of my interest in robotics and it can be something I can use PET melting for. The whole thing probably also has good tips and ideas to motorize noot's telescope
- LAN Party : Hosting the Ultimate Frag Fest by William "The Ferrett" Steinmetz
- Bought it for 5 euro, sells for 16.49$ on amazon (2.95$ secondhand). I got it because the LAN-parties I've organised so far all sucked. I wonder if there is anything good in this book that can help me with the next lanparty
- Designing Digital Computer Systems with Verilog by David J. Lilja and Sachin S. Sapatnekar
- Bought it for 5 euro, sells for 55$ on amazon (34.98$ secondhand). I bought it because I plan to educate myself a bit on digital electronics and FPGA programming. Verilog is similar to VHDL, the hardware description layer.
That makes for a total of 302.37$ (223.64$ secondhand) I would have paid, but I got everything for 35 euro. I'd say that's a good deal :)
After that, I went to the local secondhand shop and bought a wash-drying machine. I'm gonna pick it up right after this blog message. I also bought an alarmclock...
Whew! Now I just finished lunch and my day was already full. It's more fun to get up early in the morning and do lots of things :) I should do it more often.
Plans for the afternoon: get a savings account, see if I can buy a photocamera and whatever I feel like.